All vendors, seasonal and day, must fill out an application to sell at the market. Prospective seasonal vendors who apply to the market will be accepted as space provides. All applications must contain a complete list of products to be sold at the market. Any changes to that list must be approved by the Board. Vendors must also complete a Town License Application.
Springfield Farmers Market Inc
Springfield Farmers Market Inc Mission:
To build fresh connections among families, farms and artisans to enrich a dynamic and healthy community.
- The market runs from the first Saturday in June thru Columbus Day Weekend.
- Fees are as follows: Seasonal Market Fee is $25 for the season. Seasonal vendors make a commitment to attend a minimum of 14 scheduled markets. Seasonal vendors are entitled to a discounted weekly market fee and proprietary location within the market.
Seasonal vendor fee is $10 per market.
Day vendor fee is $15 per market.
Non-profit vendor fee is $10 per market.
Youth vendor fee (18 years old or under with adult supervision) is $5 per market.
Day vendor spaces are assigned on an as-available basis.
Fees will be collected each market with the exception of the Seasonal Market fee which is due with the application.
- To prevent product saturation, the Board may limit future vendors of a particular product if they deem the supply of that product to be more than adequate. Day vendors will be allowed based on the need for a particular product at the market.
- Vendors are expected to be physically present at their stall and sell their goods themselves. A substitute may be used on occasion only when necessary. “Vendors” may include producers, their family members and employees involved in production.
- All spaces will be approximately 10’ x 12’. A member of the Board will make decisions about space assignments. Day vendors will be assigned a spot on the day of the market on a first come first serve basis. Any vendor with a physical condition that requires alternate arrangements should discuss this with a Board member in advance. Spaces may be shared if an appropriate presentation can be maintained, however each vendor is required to pay vendor fees individually.
- Set-up is to be completed by opening time (10 a.m.); IF vehicles being moved, this must be done no later than 15 minutes prior to market opening. Vehicles MAY NOT be driven thru the market area during operating hours unless escorted by Market Manager. Exceptions will be made for vendors with special needs or vendors working out of their vehicles.
- Vendors MUST contact email@example.com as soon as possible before market day, if they are unable to attend the market that week, so the space may be reassigned. If a vendor does not show up at market and has not sent notification, then the vendor’s standing may be compromised for the following year. Multiple absences with failure to notify may result in the vendor losing their space for the current season.
- Vendors are liable for the safety of their products and are responsible for acquiring all necessary insurances, licenses and permits.
- All vendors MUST HAVE proper licensing and be in compliance with Vermont Health Regulations and federal health regulations.
- There will be no automatic cancellation of the market due to weather. Vendors are responsible for their own shade and rain cover. Vendors will provide their own tents, tables, etc. Safety precautions MUST be taken to guard against wind. Staking/weighting of tents is MANDATORY.
- Prepared food vendors are required to provide an accessible, visible trash receptacle at their stall, the contents of which will be disposed of off-site by vendor.
- All vendors MUST report their weekly gross sales. Sales figures are used to track the success of the market and to correlate against weather and other circumstances; sales figures ARE NOT used for tax reporting. All reports are anonymous.
- Smoking/tobacco use is not permitted in the market area during operating hours.
- Acceptance to the market is determined at the Board’s discretion.
- Any purchased plant items (starts, etc.) sold at the market must be grown by the vendor for at least eight weeks prior to selling.
- Collection of the Vermont Sales Tax is the responsibility of the vendor.
- Vendors are required to attain a Town of Springfield Vendor License. Please contact the Town Clerk for information.